Friday, February 24, 2006

Going All In

I'm playing poker tonight. At a mansion. For nickels. One of these things doesn't seem to fit. And if you said, "well it's obviously you becuase you're a rotten poker player", well then you're probably closer to the truth than I am.

It's an interesting group. We used to play a lot more regularly, always for low stakes. Then I started to get involved with another group where the stakes were signifciantly higher, and I pulled a couple of guys with me. Now we play two or three times a week for stakes in the hundreds of dollars, (I usually avoid those hands, preferring to take small pots and curling up in a fetal position and sobbing when the pot gets above $20), and we haven't seen the other four people coming tonight, for cards anyway, in several months. I expect that there's going to be a culture clash when someone from the original game makes a "big" raise of $1.00 and then one of the three of us raises $35. Should be interesting. The promise of chaos is more intersting to me than the actual card game.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

The best is when everyone gets drunk and starts raising the stakes to crazy heights, like pink slips to their cars.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, at the moment I’m in the mood for a game of strip poker. Alas, I took the female home an hour ago.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home