Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More Musical Suggestions

I heard a great song on the radio this afternoon. So good that I immediately went on Amazon and added to the nation's soaring credit card debt while ordering the CD. On work time. Seriously, it was that good.

What, you want to know what it was? Ok, ok, it was the new Marc Antony CD.

You're not buying that for a second are you?

Actually it was a CD from 1989 by Maria McKee, who some of you old bastards might recall from her days fronting the band Lone Justice. I think they had about two albums and then broke up without achieving the sort of fame that would necessitate a VH-1 "Where the Hell Are They Now" special. My personal favorite is the one where one of the Motley Cure guys confesses to waking up with a heroin needle jammed in his arm. That's when he knew he had a problem. Ya think? That needle dangling from the puss-filled sore on your arm was that strong a clue was it? Ah, well, I'm sure that he's clean and sober now.

This doesn't have anything to do with Maria McKee, who as far as I know never did heroin. Or at least not enough of it to go on TV and talk about the time she woke up with the needle still in her arm.

At any rate, the song is called "Drinking in my Sunday Dress", and contains great lines like "The telephone was by the bottle that was always by my bed", and McKee just belts that sucker out. Made me want to dance around the office. So I did. Thank God for solid doors. I have no idea if the rest of the album is any good or not, but since the CD was like $7, who cares. Although it's probably not a good sign for Maria's career that her CD is going for $7 come to think of it. Maybe she should start doing heroin. On TV. While wearing spandex.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Who cares if it was $7. If the music moves you...why not.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are tickling my musical memories.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Pud said...

Oh, I read where it said you wanted to link other blogs to yours. When you go to your 'Dashboard' (you know,the place to post a funny quirk) click on 'Change Settings' then look for 'Template' at the top. Then you have the fun of scrolling thru the template of your html code to find where you want to put it. www.blogger.com has a help section that tells you how to post links. It's called 'How do do more with links'. I hope this helps.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home