Friday, February 03, 2006

Shameless Commerce Division

As near as I can tell, 8 people have checked out this blog. Either that or I've accidentally hit "Check my profile" about seven times. Call it 50-50. One person commented and I'd just like to thank Lou for that. I suspect Lou and I disagree about politics, but that's OK. This blog will not disappear without any readers, and he is responsible for that.

Since I now have this enormous audience of 1-8 people, I'm going to plug my favorite band. The Supersuckers. I have no financial interest in them. I doubt they know I exist. They're from Seattle, where it rains all the time, and their football team is in the Super Bowl. I am in Connecticut where it rains all the time and our hockey team got hijacked to North Friggin' Carolina. Die, Karmanos, die.

Ahem.

Anyway, if you like straight ahead rock 'n roll, (or Rock and/or Roll, as pricelessly described by the good Rev. Lovejoy on The Simpsons), you will love The Supersuckers. They're just that damn good, and I have driven 5 hours round trip to see them. Well worth it. 5 hours may not seem like much to some people, but considering I can be counted on to whine unmercifully about a ten minute trip to buy more milk, it means something to me. So go buy music from The Supersuckers. You'll be glad you did.

In the interest of full disclosure, if you like Christian rock, (hi Lou), you're going to want to avoid this band.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

The Supersuckers rock.

Do you like the Legendary Shack Shakers?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lou Laughlin said...

Limpy,

I appreciate the "plugs" you have given me on your Blog. It makes me feel almost "famous" :-)

Yeah, we may disagree a little about the politics, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy your posts, and writing. I have even added a link on my Blog to yours.

I don't usually talk about politics on my blog, but maybe I should start?

I will check out the SuperSuckers though, as I do like Rock music. So do you have a link? Or should I just Google them?

Later
Lou
Lou's Ramblings

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lou Laughlin said...

BTW: I just thought I would add, that even though I prefer "Christian Rock" doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good beat, or song even if it's "Secular" :-)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home