Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Random Question Of No Earthly Significance

Isn't the Lifetime network for women? If that's the case, why is it that every time I accidentally flip to it, (it's only one channel away from the ESPN universe on our cable system), I see Judith Light, Tiffany Amber Thiessen, Tori Spelling or some combination of the three being a) held capitve, b) beaten, c) raped, d) set on fire, f) stuffed into the trunk of a car, or g) all of the above? Shouldn't this be called the Misogynist's Network? I don't see the appeal of this channel to any women, except whatever demographic it is that enjoys seeing just how hard Judith Light hit the wall after "Who's the Boss" left the airwaves.

Another random observation. If television waves and travel infinitely through space, do you realize that someday an alien race is going to be judging us by "Who's the Boss" reruns? I can hardly blame them for destroying us when that happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

I call Lifetime and Oxygen "The Rape Channels" because that is what is always on when I turn it on.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I watch for re-runs of Frasier and Will and Grace.

Lame.

I know....but true.

Tori Spelling needs killing.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me why it's okay that I quit paying for cable. I miss the Daily Show, though.

The aliens are probably pissing their pants laughing at Lost in Space reruns ;-)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home