Thursday, April 27, 2006

Last Night

So I think I missed American Idol last night. Thereby running my streak of missing it to "Howevermanyshowsthey'vebradcastsinceitstarted" and counting. Serioulsy, I've never seen more than five minutes of it, and that's only to see if Paula Abdul is really hitting the wall as hard as some people tell me she is. On that note, in my opinion they may be understating things.

No last night I pahked my cah in Hahvahd Squayuh and went to a concert. Real music people. By a real band. With instruments. That they play. On the stage. where they really sing. As you may have noticed, I love The Supersuckers. And last night they played at a club called The Middle East Downstairs in Cambridge, MA. I'm plugging The Supersuckers, the club is so-so. The 'suckers started with the lead singer coming out solo with a bass guitar and launching into "cocaine blues", then doing a few more songs on his own. By the fourth song the lead guitarist wandered out and started playing along. The two of them did about three more songs, then the other two guys came out and the rock 'n roll portion of the evening got started. And it's just that, rock 'n roll. Hell for leather, whiskey-fueled, (although actually the singer kept guzzling from a wine bottle; first time I'd seen that) tattooed rock n' roll. Blew the roof off the place. I dragged my brother along. He's the fifth different person I've taken, and everyone is now a confirmed fan of the band. So if The Supersuckers come to your neighborhood, (and I link to them on the "links" section, which I still need to update and which is again not getting updated today, and it has all the tour dates), and you like rock, do yourself a favor and go see them. And take the next day off.

Now if you'll excuse me, I noticed when my wife left for work that she was wearing the panties with the zipper in the front, and that's a signal pretty much as reliable as the sun rising in the east and falling in the west, so I've got some things to do before she gets home at noon. God, I love a day off and full day kindergarten.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

Sounds like you had a great time last night and the potential for a great afternoon today.

Life is good, huh? ;-)

8:00 AM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Zippered Panties? Never heard of 'em, but it sounds like someone's getting something this afternoon. Rock on!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Pud said...

Gonna have a litte Afternoon Delight?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

yea, yea..supersuckers and all that...now about these panties. you know we need a full post on those alone, and you just drop it in there like it's insignificant. bastard

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! sounds like a great mid-week for you! First, awesome rock and roll, and then, a nooner with the wife (hmmmm....zippered panties....I must find some for tempting Mr. Wonderful ;)

So yes, you must blog about it ;) or not...it's your bomb shelter, er, blog ;)

12:10 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Hello Limpy? Are you ok? You there buddy? Did you survive the zipper panties?

I feel even MORE odd calling you Limpy right about now...GAH!!! I'm a pervert, I'M A PERVERT!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I have a pair of underwear that signal "your definitely getting some". Mine don't zip up the front, they lace up the back ;)

I'll be sure to check out that site for The Supersuckers.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Royce said...

Supersuckers ROCK, I have seen them several times here in AZ.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home