Friday, April 14, 2006

Man Am I Gay

And I don't mean "gay" in the sense that I like men in that special way that gets Fred Phelps secretly hot with desire, or in the sense that I know where all the cool places are in Northhampton, even though I do know that. And come to think of it, I may still be a member of a gay club in Key West. My wife signed us up as members on our honeymoon because as members it was $5 to get in and $15 if we weren't. Hey, a buck's a buck.

No I mean gay in the sense that I'm driving to work today and I have Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" (altogether now "Motorin'...what's your price for flight?") cranking on the radio and I realize that this has to be one of the gayest songs ever, in the since that it's pure wuss rock. And isn't cool enough to get airplay in Northhampton or Key West. I thought more about that when I read Mel's blog, (to your right people), and she was disclosing her most embarrasing song on her iPod, which was some atrocity by Loverboy. That made me feel better, because Loverboy is waaaaaaay gayer than Night Ranger.

Actually, Loverboy may be gayer than San Francisco, but that's another story.

But we all have 'em. Those songs we crank up when no one else is in the car, but would never, ever admit to liking in public. There's a couple of Billy Squier songs that fit this category for me as well, but I can never listen to the whole song becuase they're just too stupid. So let's hear it folks, name your secretly liked songs that you'd never tell anyone else.

"motorin' yeeeaaaahhhhh, motorin'"

16 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

No fuckin' way!

That's too gay.



Alright - I feel like giving...let me think about it - every song I sing in my car when I'm alone feels "gay".

3:45 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

well, limpy... I do consider you an honorary lesbian over at my place, but I totally mean that in a good way.

Let's see... the gayest song I love is probably Abba's Waterloo. Top that, people.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Pud said...

Is it gay? Or is it just the fact that you are in love with old 80's rock?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I've gotten to the point where I just don't give a shit what people think of me or the songs I like or anything else I might like.....

so.......

5:31 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I think I can top everyone's song

"I would do anything for love" by Meatloaf.

7:22 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I usually feel very gay whenever I'm playing Morrissey in my car and singing along. You can't get much gayer than that.

8:29 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

So far SoozieQ is in the lead and rapidly pulling away from the pack. I mean, that song isn't even from the good album.

I am honored Syd, as I have always considered myself a lesbian trapped in man's body. Which is actually sort of convenient if only for the peeing outdoors aspect of things.

8:31 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Whoa, talk about your instant messaging, but seconds after I gave SoozieQ the lead Motor City Monk comes out of nowhere and plays the Morrisey card. Excellent play! The only way anyone's going to top that is by admitting to owning Spandau Ballet CD.

8:33 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm frightened that you know how how to spell Spandeau Ballet, assuming that you've spelled it correctly. I will, however, admit to liking Loverboy, Night Ranger, Journey, AND Yes. Yeah, I do. Wanna make something of it?

10:00 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Alright, I admit it and I'm taking home the grand prize with this one...when that song "True" came out by Spandau Ballet, I bought the fuckin' album. I think I still have it in the plastic milk crate where all my albums are stored, in my garage.

Morrisey + Spandau Ballet = Ultra Gay

(Damn, only Limpy could get me to try and prove my "gayness".)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Ranae, it only makes you cool.

I want to hear from a WHAM! fan. Would that be Gay or just pathetic?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a happy experience. I am old enough to remember the days when “gay” had a meaning beyond sexual orientation.

8:27 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Oh Syd, guilty as charged. I actually have Wham!'s self-titled album on cassette somewhere.

I'm so ashamed.

3:29 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I can't hear you Eclectic. (Fingers in ears) lalalalalalalala

5:36 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

I think the gayest album I've ever owned was Frankie Goes to Hollywood-Welcome to The Pleasure Dome. And loving it.
Though, I used to listen to John Denver on my bus ride to school. As a break from Tool, actually...

I love ABBA and Morissey, and have no shame in admitting it.
My really guilty pleasure is Kanye West and Jay-Z. There's nothing that makes me feel whiter than singing along with "Gold Digger" as I drive around.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No one else likes Leo Sayer's "You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'"? That's totally gay gay gay gay gay.

But then, not /everything/ he wrote was gay ;-)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home