Tuesday, May 09, 2006

File Under "No Shit"

Once again this morning I was reading the paper and was stunned with the news of another astonishing scientific breakthrough. After careful studies, scientists were able to determine that heterosexual men and lesbians both responded more favorably to female pheremones than they did to male pheremones! Gosh, what are the odds? And this on the heels of an earlier study that determined that homosexual men and heterosexual women responded more favorably to male pheremones than they did to female pheremones. I mean, who would have guessed such results? Besides, of course, everyone with a brain in their head.

I'm looking forward to the next pheremone study, in which it will be determined that straight and gay men and straight and lesbian women all go insane and start a head-butting mating ritual contest when exposed to the pheremones of Angellina Jolie.

In an unrelated note, and yet another attempt by yours truly to wean America, or at least the infinitesimally small percentage of it, (and some of you fuuriners), away from the tripe that is 'American Idol' music, I once again recommend some music. As always, feel free to completely disregard it.
I just got the new Drive-By Truckers CD, "A Blessing and a Curse." It tails off after the first 4-5 songs, but those first few really kick ass. Plus any disc that contains the lines "She woke up sunny-side down and I was still thinkin' I was to proud to flip her over" gets bonus points from me. Which should tell you what a degenerate I am.

I also found, after it had been missing for about a year, my 2-CD set "Do The Pop". It's a collection of Austrailian garage-rock music from the mid-70's to mid-80's. Some hits, some misses, but over 40 songs. If you want it the internet is prbably your best bet. If you like The Saints, Hoodoo-Gurus, Radio Birdman, The Lime Spiders or the like, it's a good addition. And if you don't like those bands you probably should have stopped reading this right after the part about Angellina Jolie.

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

The last CD I bought was the new Flaming Lips. So far it's not doing it for me - though it is getting great reviews.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The last CD I bought was "Disney's Greatest Hits Vol. 3.

Talk about not doing it for me, Angelina is seriously getting on my last nerve. I certainly am not gonna sit here and say she's ugly, but she is rather smug.

If Taylor doesn't get voted off this week I done! Honostly.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I always kinda thought that my attraction to women is what makes me a lesbian. Did they really need a study to figure this out?

1:04 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

You're missing "Sherlock".



I'm helpful like that. *heh*

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home