Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fringe Benefits

We had our first Little League game last night. We won a nailbiter, 25-4. At one point I had to tell our team that the next kid to say something out loud along the lines of "Holy Crap, we're killing these losers", was probably going to take a fastball in the ribs from me the next time they got to bat. But that's not what this is about.

My wife came to the game to cheer on our son. And after awhile to cheer on the other team for doing things like not falling down after swinging their bats, getting their gloves on their hands as opposed to their feet, and even on a few rare occasions when they threw the ball in the vicinity of the right base after first kicking it halfway across the infield. But they had fun, right? Right?

At one point during the game my wife, who is rather enthusiastic about cheering, managed to snag a team hat from someone. I look over and there she is in low-cut jeans, a t-shirt cut sort of high, and a baseball cap with her hair spilling out the back. I don't think I've ever been that hot for her. I loves me a woman with long hair in a baseball cap.

And no Syd, I did not have a camera with me in the outfield.

5 Comments:

Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

My wife also came to my kid's game last night. She was pissing me off. I was coaching third base and she had the nerve to question my coaching abilities.

I'm usually not the jump up and down, screaming kind of coach so she failed to see my subtle hand gestures and firm but softspoken instructions to the players.

I remember when I was in little league and hated when the loud mouthed coaches used to yell at me. I try to never do that. I told her she was sounding like "Marion" - her loud mouthed, know-it-all father. That shut her right up.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Gad Damnit.

But, good for you, man.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

Okay, you go from a Little League victory to how hot your wife is.
That's definitely the hallmark of a good post.
Though, I agree with Syd, I now want to see this mythic creature.

2:28 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I have resolved to learn to post photos at some point. I will some going once I figure it out.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

That does sound HOT, you lucky, lucky man.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home