Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's A Surreal World After All

I'm driving to court this morning. First I have to stop at Dunkin' Donuts to get my morning hot chocolate. I always expect them to ask "You want whipped cream with that...fag?", but they never do. At any rate, the line in the drive thru was too long so in I go. The guy waiting on me has a heart tattoo on his forearm of a heart with the name "Tom" on it. So I'm thinking, "Hey, fly those colors high my brother", and then I notice his name tag.

Tom.

Hey, fly those narcissitic colors high, my brother.

But that wasn't the most surreal moment. No indeed. On the way down the road I saw a pink dog. I'm not making that up. I was going past at 40 mph, and I was little late so I couldn't slam on the brakes and do the U-turn I wanted to, but there it was, just up the road on a side street. Looked like some kind of mastiff mix, but it was clearly painted pink all the way up to the neck, and then the head was the natural white color. Honest to God, I saw a pink dog this morning.

No more peyote for breakfast for me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

LOL!

Hot chocolate eh? Fly those effeminate colors high my friend.

Perhaps the dog's owner has children who decided to paint the dog pink. Just a theory.

I'm all about Tom's tattoo, if you don't love yourself no one else will either.

9:52 AM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I agree...with someone...Tom's tattoo is classic. Maybe I'll get "Motor City Monk" tattoo'd on my body somewhere.

Now if you'd been carrying around a little digital camera you could prove that you actually saw a pink dog.

12:22 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Not at 50 mph I couldn't.

12:32 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Maybe "Tom" put a little somethin' somethin' in your hot chocoloate because he thought you were, you know "his type".

Oh and maybe, JUST MAYBE, his boyfriend is also named Tom. It could happen!

I do not believe there is any such thing as a pink dog. I just don't. I'm sorry...unless it was wearing a pink outfit? Again, I think "Tom" was trying to get in your pants and slipped something in your hot chocolate.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

I know not one but two guys who got their own names tattooed on themselves.
Both the leg, thank god.
One guys rationalization? "In case I'm drunk and can't remember my own name, I can always look there and remember, "Oh yeah, I'm Brandon".

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I got to the point of preferring hot chocolate, too, after too many cups of terrible coffee—including Dunkin’ Doughnuts brawny shit.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

You want whipped cream with that...fag?

limpy, that's funny as shit. It takes a man with cojones to poke fun at himself like that.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Pud said...

Doesn't it always seem that the best stuff happens when you are busy or running late? It's at those times you can't take the time to stop, stare and point at it.

4:14 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Hot chocolate is the only reasonable choice at D&D, since their coffee just sucks. And yes, I have to drink it when we're in Massachussets because my MIL doesn't make coffee at home. Kudos to you and your cocoa. Now, Tom? I think the tatt refers to his pink dog, Major Tom.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

heh! I have a friend who dyes her dog with food coloring for the holidays...

I'm a fan of the hot chocolate myself.

But it's ok 'cuz I'm a girl ;-)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home