Friday, June 09, 2006

Beaten To The Punch

Yesterday I read a news story about two Royal Canadian Mounted Police getting married in a well-publicized ceremony. No big deal, except that they're men. Both of them. Get it? It's a gay wedding. For some reason this was able to go through and the world did not spin off its axis, although I suspect that this wedding may have been to blame for the volcanic eruptions in Indonesia. Or not.

But anyway, I rushed onto my little blog to make snide comments about how the RCMP "always gets its man", but blogger wouldn't let me in. And now this morning I see that several, (and by several I mean about 68,749), other people have aleady made that comment, including a spokes person for a Canadian gay rights group. That bitch.

I suppose I could take the low road and make comments about how exactly "mounted" fits into this whole thing, but that would be crude and wrong, and we don't do that here. Except for just now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Stupid Blogger has been a bitch all week! It just ate my last comment I left!

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at that Canadian wedding story.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

It's still fresh to me Limpy. I didn't read that story yesterday or see it referenced on other blogs. Hope that makes you feel slightly better :)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

News to me too, limpster.

Dude, I gotta axe you about something, and in lieu of an email addy, I'm putting it here.

As my beer go-to-guy, I'm wondering if you have any experience with party pigs (not freshman coeds). MS has one micro brewery and I'm wanting to try it, but they don't sell in bottles. I hate to spend the money if the pig sucks. So, you know anything? You can email me or I'll check back here.

janetsumr@gmail.com

2:12 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

You NEVER say anything crude or wrong...that's why I keep coming back for more and more of your inappropriate, er I mean politically correct, comments!

2:25 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Ha! Mount up!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

What Nonny said....

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home