Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Career Opportunities

The ones that never knock. Anyone know of any? Because if the fat attorney down the hall comes to me one more time asking for $10 for Friday's staff pizza party, (today being Tuesday!), I am going to put her head through a wall. Thereby leading to an immediate job search. Unless everyone else is as irritated as I am, in which case it could lead to a promotion. Could be worth the risk.

This person also, and without my consent or knowledge, has said that I'm in charge of "4th of July" music for this thing. I'm playing X doing "4th of July", which might be the best song ever. If you don't believe me, look it up and play it. Great band doing an even better song. Then I'm going to play "Fuck and Run" by Liz Phair just to clear out the room.

Never, ever leave me in charge of the playlist.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Who the fuck has ever heard of "4th of July" music!?! Is she smoking crack?

8:14 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I'd go all Bing Crosby Christmas on her ass, but Liz Phair is good too.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Fuck and Run is a good idea, I love liz.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Brighton said...

How about, "Let's get drunk and screw"? You should show some diversity and throw a little country in there...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

"Lets do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel" might have a place on that play list.

4:19 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

You can't get any better than X's 4th of July. I saw John Doe last year in a small 150 person capacity club. The dude can still rock out.

I also recommend playing the White Riot by The Clash. That song is pure energy.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

What Pud said!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Madame D said...

"Take this job and shove it", Dead Kennedy's version.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home