Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I may not be bright, but I am stupid

Here are some things you should do after giving blood.

Rest

Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids

Eat

Fuck off all day at work, and when questioned about it, point to the bandage on your arm and say "What have you done for humanity lately?"

You know what you shouldn't do?

Go home and try to run 4.5 miles on a hot humid day, (Ok, so it's like 88 with 70% humidity and Soozie thinks I'm a pussy. I live in CT, we're not used to such tropical weather), including plenty of hill work.

Know what'll happen if you do try it? Well, neither do I, becuase I don't really remember much about the last half of the run. I am pretty sure that I would have given up if the Easter Bunny hadn't showed up for the last half mile and called me a chicken shit asshole for not being able to finish.

Fucking Easter Bunny.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

I always pass out after giving blood. For some reason my body doesn't take kindly to having my blood leaving it.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I've only given blood once, and that was in high school. And I only did it to get out of going to class. Soooo woozy afterwards.

6:23 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

Um, excuse me....you said "run 4.5 miles"? You aren't going to hear me calling YOU a pussy any time soon. At least not until my shriveled little raisin lungs could handle running 4.5 miles regardless of the temperature.

Besides, 77% humidity makes 88 degrees feel like Hell (if my memory of Florida is correct)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I can't give blood b/c I lived in Europe during the latter part of the 80's.

Some kinda shit about "mad cow".....

Oh well....at least I tried!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

The Spousal Unit and I donate blood every few months. She does it to help humanity. I do it for the free cookies and gatorade at the blood center.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

I'm like Big Pissy, am not allowed to donate blood, though not because of getting to live in Europe.
So, I'm guessing you just kept running to try to catch up with that damned Easter Bunny to kick his ass?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I don't give blood, I pass out at the sight of needles.
The Easter Bunny is usually there to call me a total pussy...

6:45 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

You must be friends with Donnie Darko.

8:12 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I give blood for the most excellent buzz off of one beer that evening. Humanity? Pffffft.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home