Monday, August 07, 2006

I Begin To Detect A Pattern Here

This weekend, while motoring about running errands and burning fossil fuels at a rate of $3.23 a gallon, I yielded to my children's piteous requests for McDonald's and went through the drive-thru. Upon completing our order, (we got free fries! Woo-Hoo!), I am heading towards the homestead when the following takes place.

Daughter (Upon Examining Contents of Happy Meal): "Aw, I got a boy toy."

Wife (In front seat and under her breath): "Shit. All I got was a Filet-O-Fish"

Son (To Daughter): "It's a toy car, you can play with it anyway"

Daughter: "It's a Hummer. Hummer's are for boys"

Wife (To Me): "Don't you say a word."

10 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Well...your daughter is right, hummers are for boys.

10:32 AM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Too funny!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

You really must show her the appropriate way to wear the bag/box.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

You should see all the Texas women who drive those silly things, they can't even park them!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

My boys are quite disappointed that the "Pirates of the Carribean" tie-in is over. They still had about 3 toys to collect. My husband on the other hand will be thrilled to learn you now get hummers with your happy meal.

1:40 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Technically Mel, you were correct.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hummers are for freedom lovers! go hummers!

just kidding....found out the Alaskan pipeline has to shut down 'til they fix the corroded section...so let's all say hello to $4 fugging bucks a gallon!

I heart your wife by the way. May I sleep with her? hehehe (you and Mr. Wonderful can watch)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA! OK, first time here. And that was great. Thanks for the giggle.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Do you mind if I link you at the cowpie field?

9:46 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Crabcake: Feel free to link, I was just over there reading about your partner's red-neck brawling night.

Lil Sis: You can sleep with my wife, but there's a fee attached. Gotta do something to pay for winter heating oil.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home