Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Smoke On The Water

Today's front page news story, (which should give you an idea of how slow things were yesterday in CT), is that one of our largest employers, Electric Boat, is going ban all tobacco product use by its employees within a year. Ordinarily, I'd hav no problem with this; I don't smoke, I don't like smelling like cigarettes, and the allure chewing tobacco has somehow escaped me. But I can't help thinking that if I were in the Navy, and I was on one of the fine submarines that EB builds, I would want to know that it had been put together by someone who's hands weren't shaking from nicotine/tobacco withdrawal.


Apparently the newspaper isn't the only one having a slow day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

GONZO!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I did not put Pud up to that, I swear.

But seriously, that comment is so appropriate to all situations.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

Um, now, how are they going to do that? What about those who don't smoke at work but still smoke at home?
I'm so confused...

11:01 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I'd want smokers building it, along with big tattoos of ships and subs on their forearms...

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to limpy to see the very very practical side! LOL!

nicotine withdrawal rarely made me shake, but it does make me swear like a sailor ;)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hmmm...the patch seems like a wonderful option.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home