Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Going To Be That Kind Of Day

Just for future reference, if you pull up at the drive-thru window of your local Dunkin' Donuts with the Suicidal Tendencies well-known hit, (and by that I mean I liked it back in high school), "I Saw Your Mommy (And Your Mommy's Dead)" blasting on your radio, you will get some strange looks.

Conversation last night with my daughter and wife.

Daughter: "Mommy, when you were in school were you popular or a nerd?" (She's five, and we have her brother to thank for this)

Wife: "I was popular honey"

Me: "Yeah, just don't tell her why you were popular"

Daughter: "What about you Daddy?"

Wife: "Oh honey, daddy's always been a dork."

7 Comments:

Blogger eclectic said...

"Daddy's always been a dork..." *heh*
I like that lady, I truly do.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I LOVE Suicidal Tendencies! And Dunkin Donuts.

I was popular in High School too. For the exact reasons your wife was ;)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Madame D said...

Try singing"Last Caress" by the Misfits. For no other reason than the song rocks. You will get looks galore.

My son mostly admits that he's a freak, but he LOVES to tell me "Mommy, you're a freak!" I simply say "Yeah. So?" Disconcerts him every time.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Nicely done, Mrs Limpy. (and this time I really mean your wife)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you don't want your daughter being misled do you Limpy?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dunkin’ Donuts! Damn. Now I’m hungry.

And just how did your wife become so popular? And why did she marry a dork?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Phollower said...

Ummm, dork here. Still am. But I do like that Suicidal Tendencies song. That in no way makes either of us less dorky.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home