Monday, September 25, 2006

The Weekend Report

This weekend is easy to sum up. My daughter gave me a nice fever starting on Friday and lasting right through the weekend. Fortunately, I was all better just in time to get to work this morning. I'm totally skipping out tomorrow. It's supposed to be nice and we're way behind on painting the house. So my weekend consisted on lying on the couch half asleep and feverish watching football or bad movies, ("Reign of Fire": Matthew McConnaughey's greatest work or just a really shitty movie? Discuss), and occasionally falling asleep only to wake up and discover that my wife has changed the channel and we're now watching something about a family with 16 kids and how they deal with vacations. Mine would involve a lot of drugs and alcohol if there were 16 kids included. The dog was ecstatic, becuase any time there's an immobile body on the couch that means she's got someone to snuggle up next to. And there's nothing better when you have a fever than a 74 pound dog on your chest.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phollower said...

My vacations generally involve drugs and alcohol, but no kids. If there were 16 kids involved there would also need to be a gun with either 1 or 16 bullets.

10:27 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Sweet! We had the same weekend, only it was my son who gave me the gift that keeps on giving, and it was the stomach flu. The feverish watching of waaaaaaaay too much television, including every football game televised, is pretty much all I have to show for my last two days of life. Glad you're feeling better -- I am too. Just in time for the work-week. Shit.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

You owe yourself a weekend, yours was stolen.
As for the vacation with sixteen kids, I'm sorry- but anything involving 16 kids does not carry the title of "vacation".

4:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

"Reign of Fire", perhaps the greatest movie ever made about the modern day fight against dragons. Isn't Christian Bale in that too?

Were the 16 kids the ones with all the "J" names? I saw them build their new house on another episode. The laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers. I wonder what the dad does for a living. The house was laid out and mom doesn't work except doing the home schooling.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Madame D said...

Reign of Fire-complete shit, but unfortunately, probably McConnaghey's greatest movie.

12:34 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Nonny says ""Reign of Fire", perhaps the greatest movie ever made about the modern day fight against dragons."

Well, yeah.

It's also the only one.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A 74 lb. dog on your chest? And I complain about a 12 lb cat!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home