Monday, September 18, 2006

Your Weekend Update

First, I've decided that when I do thru hike the AT, I'm going with Phollower. After reading his last comment, I'm reasonably certain that not only would we finish, but we'd probably finish in record time. Like three days.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So this weekend I went down to NYC to watch my beloved Yankees. They won. Yay. On the downside, I got home at 4 am on Sunday morning, and since we have two kids and my wife was out for the day, sleeping in was not in the cards. But going outside all day long and playing a vigorous game or 9 of kickball was. At one point there were four boys under 9 in my yard. Only one of them was mine. I'm not really sure where one of them came from; my mother took my son to play tennis and came back with two boys. Eventually we returned the other kid. He ate too much pizza anyway.

Early Sunday afternoon I was weeding by the side of the house and my son wants to know why. I tell him that since we're painting the house we might as well put some flowers on the side to replace the weeds currently occupying the place. He says "You're really going to make this look like a girl's house". I respond "Don't you have some paint to scrape?"

By the way, you can barely see the original cut from the scraper anymore.

At any rate, it's late in the afternoon on Monday and I fear the weekend is cathing up with me. Time for a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Our house is where all the neighborhood kids congregate. Sometimes there are 9 or 10 of them.

Naps rule btw. I haven't taken a nap since before my first son was born and dammit I miss them.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

OK, you're on. Seriously though, thru-hiking the AT is something I'm going to do someday and if we're still doing this blogging thing I'll let you know my plans. Since you've at least considered it I'm sure you're aware that it's the sort of idea that is not only stupid but also requires a good 6 months of planning to prevent its going from just stupid to completely retarded. I'll give plenty of advance notice.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home