Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Putting The "Fun" In Dysfunctional

It's lunch time here at the office. That means it's time for my supervisor to have his weekly bible meeting with some of the staff who are apparently in to that sort of thing. I suppose I could complain about how this infringes on my rights, and that because I don't take part I'm less likely to be promoted or get other benefits, like forgiveness of my sins, eternal life, or a better parking spot. But I've always thought that people who complained about such things were sort of dicks. Besides, this crew keeps to themselves and there's no one handing out pamphlets cubicle to cubicle, so it's all good.

Nope, I leave them alone and they leave me alone and everyone's happy. Especially when I play the Supersuckers "Born With A Tail" as the meeting winds down. Sing along everyone:

"You know/That I'm in league with Satan/And you know/There can be no debatin'/My hellbound trail..."

etc., etc.

I suppose this could start a huge controversy, but considering that the staff is currently arming themsleves for conflict over what restaurant we'll have our Xmas party at, this seems like pretty small potatoes.

Seriously.

Arming themselves.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

Arming themselves, eh? And I thought my office was bad when they all lost their minds on one of my coworkers who lost the cake knife after my birthday party. Needless to say that coworker got fired ~ over a cake knife!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Are you suppose to be back at work already?

We only have 3 total employees at my office including the physician so I don't get subjected to anything like that. I did start a campaign about a year and a half ago wherein I'm trying to convert the other two to atheism. So far I've managed to sway the physician. The other girl is a tougher nut to crack but I'm slowly but surely erroding her faith away.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

If they're allowed to pray to THEIR god you should be allowed to pray to yours.

I think I need a religious system whereby I get to take 4 1 hour long breaks during the day for prayer, and only be required to work 1 day a week in accordance with my religious requirements.
I'd like a better parking spot too!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just make sure they pick a place that serves small potatoes?

I love nonny...so will you be happy if this polytheist stops believing in just a few deities? (my religion is schizophrenia and so is mine.)

3:16 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

***playing the self-employed card yet again***

They start fighting, they're not getting a christmas party at all. It'll be Taco Bell gift certificates all around.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Wow, that's hard core religion right there, having those meetings at work. I'd go nuts. LOVE the song, though, and good for you for playing it. Did they take away your stapler and ask you to move your desk to the basement yet?

7:15 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I was told I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume

8:57 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

In college, my dorm sat across the street from one of those annoying independent storefront churches, and having attended my share of those in my youth, I did my part to help them feel superior by playing Marilyn Manson at loud volumes every Sunday morning.

Oo, you get to go to a restaurant for a party? Instead of just tossing a cake into a back room and making everyone mingle uncomfortably with management? Snazzy.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

My boss actually throws a pretty nice holiday party for the employees. At his house. Really. Granted we only have about 7 employees but it's awfully cool that he has us all over and feeds us huge amounts of good food and then hands out bonuses. When I quit it will not be in early December, I can tell you that much.

6:01 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

It'll be early January.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I got some really good Yule songs, if things go that route.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home