Friday, October 13, 2006

Tattoo You

You may recall a few posts back, (and I'm far too lazy to link to it, so don't bother looking here), I mentioned some friends of mine, the female of the pair being somewhat smitten with my tattoo. Well, yesterday, thanks in part to my bad influences, they both went and got matching tattoos. Isn't that cute? Thankfully, they actually got pretty cool ones, with phenomenal color. This is thanks in part to my good influences, since I had gone to the studio with her a few weeks ago and, with assistance from one of the artists, made her abandon several really bad ideas. That Van Halen looking thing still makes me shudder.

So naturally I went to the studio to watch and make fun of them and tell thme how much it was going to hurt. Actually, the woman went first, and for her I told her that a tattoo in the small of the back really doesn't hurt that much. I was lying; everyone I know with a tattoo in that area says it hurts like hell. And I think she figured this out almost immediately, judging from the sharp intake of breath, hostile galre in my direction, and a hissed "you fucking liar" between clenched teeth.

To make up for it I held her hand while her husband went to get her a drink. I'm typing one-handed today, and not for the usual reason either. But an hour later she had a great tattoo and was happy she went through it. I almost guarantee she's good for another one within a year or so. Probably on the ankle. Which I've alos heard really hurts and which I'll keep to myself.

Then it was his turn. He got his on the shoulder, which I do know from personal experience is more annoying than painful. I tried bribing the artist to stick an upside down pink triangle in there somewhere, but unfortunately he's a consumate professional and wouldn't do it. Goddamn spoilsport consumate professionals. The wife even offered to double my bribe.

So of course now I have the jones to get a second tattoo and have an appointment and a couple of ideas. So now I need your help. Which one of Pud's HNT shots should I get tattooed on my arm?

What? Copyright infringement? Really? Oh.

In that case, what I really need is some possible help. A vouple of years back I was gruising the internet looking for dragon tattoo ideas. I saw a great shot of a medieval dragon, (has to be medieval; I've never been fond of the look of the Asian dragons), perched on a ruined column. It rocked. Naturally I haven't been able to find it since. If anyone knows of something similar, please let me know where to find it. I will give you a handsome reward, probably saying something like "Hey, (Your name here), thanks a lot for the tip on the dragon." Offer not valid in Guam, Indiana and the Lesser Antilles.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pud said...

I'll keep my eye out for some dragons.

If the tattoo artist you go to is really talented, then he/she can draw you what you want. Just a suggestion.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

As someone who has a tattoo on both the small of her back and her ankle I can attest that they both hurt very badly. Though mine goes all the way around my ankle and the archilles tendon part was the worst. I almost made the artist stop before he was done.

Tattoos are addicting. I'll keep my eyes open for a dragon.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

Why would someone artificially fuck up their body by doing this? What kind of self esteem issues do they have? Oh wait. That was supposed to be my comment to yesterday's rant about plastic surgery. This type of artificial enhancement is entirely different.

:)

I love you, man.

12:19 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

WHERE?! I'm not helping you find a dragon until you tell us where it will go.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I'll surf for some dragons over the weekend. I've been wanting to get my tattoo touched up but haven't had the guts because I remember the pain. I've also wanted one in the small of my back but after hearing about it, um...no.

1:50 PM  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

http://shoppe.excaliburknights.com/images/SMC/29564.jpg

This might be like what you're looking for. :o)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

If I come across any dragons, I'll let you know.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Phollower said...

Offer not valid in Indiana? Well you just lost out on the help of a dork who still plays D&D and therefore could've been a decent source of dragon pictures. Oh well. Poo for you.

8:09 PM  
Blogger CP said...

I have a crescent moon on my R hip.

Got it 10 years ago.

As I've gotten larger, it's become a full moon.

Go figure.

CP.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I'm for the penis dragon, I'm sure you have seen the pic on-line. That's my vote.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home