Monday, November 20, 2006

Things That Go Bump In The Night

My wife loves haunted things. For Christmas this year she's requested that I get her a "Ghost Hunter Starter Kit", which to me looks like a garage-door opener with some blinking lights. I've been to the web-site, (which I won't plug here), and I'm a little afraid to order from them since it doesn't look like the most professional organization. I may just get an old TV remote control and rig something up. Pretty much the same difference in my book.

We used to go to a restaurant that was rumored to be haunted. Now it's just out of business. One night my wife and one of her girlfriend's were in the bar area and went up to the dark, closed restaurant part to look for ghosts. Sadly, that's not a euphemism; they were really looking for ghosts. My wife was taking random pictures with a digital camera, and when she down-loaded them there was the unmistakeable image of a partial face near the window. She was adamant that it was supernatural. I passed the shot on to the girlfriend who started laughing her ass off. Turns out that the week before she and my wife had been at the same bar and had been pushing their faces up against the glass and making faces at the owner. They were the ghosts. I still haven't told my wife that.

I tell you all that to tell you this. Last night I'm on the couch with my wife and dog. We're watching some show called "Celebrity Paranormal Project", where they stick four or five clebrities, (in the loosest sense of the word), in a spooky place and have them look for ghosts. The celebrities in this case were David Carradine, Coolio, the guy from the first Bachelor show, a Playboy model, and a female boxer. They were in a ruined mill hunting for a ghost who supposedly set fires in the old place. I'm not sure if they ever found him or not, but I want to do this. You get all this neat looking gear and you get to run around in the dark and play Cops 'n Robbers with the undead.

The best part of the show, other than watching Carradine try to look like he was anything other than bored out of his mind, (You think the guy that played Bill gives a shit about the undead? Spooky please.), was when the Bachelor and Coolio are supposed to recreate one of the fires to draw the ghost out. So they set a fire in a trash barrel, (a first for Bachelor-boy I'm sure, not so much for Coolio), and then start aiming their temperature wands around. The Bachelor is calling out the readings and going "70, 71, 74, WHOA!! It's 114 here!", then realizes he's aiming at the trash fire.

I think that it was at that point that they heard a ghostly sigh "What a fucking moron!"

11 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

LOL..they keep coming up with all these tv shows for C-list celebs; are they that desparate for work?
BTW.. I see Traci Lords will be in the new season of "Paranormal". Should be interesting, or not...

11:38 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

You can always make yourself and Syd happy by buying her a Ouija board. Tell her that she needs to use it naked....the spirits are easier to "channel" without the interference of clothes.

12:25 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Anything for Syd...

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Carradine? He's still alive? I always get him and Chuck Norris confused.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that show, but they taped an episode at an abandoned mental hospital near my house, which is pretty cool - the hospital is freaking gorgeous.

12:50 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Aren't diamonds rumored to be the best lure for ghost hunting? I'm pretty sure that's what I've heard. ;)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having seen ghosts myself (for real, limpy), I can see where your wife would want one of those things. I think the TV remote idea is hilarious!

Wish I would have caught that show, it sounds like it was a hoot. I always thought that bachelor guy was an idiot.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah i'm gigglin so hard i got tears in my eyes~!

ever see the one on VH1 with gary busey??? and Hal Sparks?? lmao i laughed so hard.. good stuff.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

What night is that show on? I could really use a good laugh. I don't really believe in ghosts, but I'm not ruling it out either.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I've had close friends and family experience ghost-visitations, but only one ever said that she actually saw something. I believe that ghosts exist, but I'm not really sure what they are. Then again, I'm fascinated by quantum physics even though (1)I'm not sure what that really is either (2)It annoys the hell out of me.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife watches the Paranormal thing also...and yes...she buys into it...

Sigh...

How did I marry this woman? ;)

Steve~

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home