Wednesday, November 15, 2006

This Has To Be A Sign Of The Apocalypse

Either that or its a finalist for Worst Idea Ever.

You can, right now, toddle off to Amazon and purchase a copy of "Rockaye Baby!: Lullaby Renditions of Nirvana". Apparently, they re-did Nrivana compositions with chimes and a bunc of other pussyass, New Age instruments, then hired someone else to croon the lyrics, (Gee, I wonder if "Rape Me" is on there), in a soothing tone, guaranteed to rock your little angel off to sleep. Of course, I doubt anyone's studied the subliminal effects of putting toddlers to sleep with lyrcs written by a suicidal heroin addict with startlingly bad taste in women, but hey, what's the worst that could happen?

9 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Are you fucking serious? I've gotta go see for myself.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

OMFG. You weren't joking! Unbelievable. Go listen to some of the samples.

1:42 PM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Oh, sweet Jesus...

1:51 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I only wish I were joking.

They did it to Metallica too, and those guys are still alive!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Amichai said...

it's scary when the music you remember rocking out too turns into muzak.

I still freak out when nirvana or pearl jam is played on the classic rock radio station. I'm not nearly old enough for the music of my high school years to be considered classic rock.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awful. I can't believe it's true, so I'm staying off Amazon for a while.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Let me guess....they put it right next to T.O.'s new children book.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Madame D said...

Well, considering the amazing success of that Kidz Bop shit, and whatever the fuck Disney did to Mark Mothersbaugh for him to agree to Devo 2.0, is this really that shocking?
That having been said, I vastly prefer warping my child with the originals, thank you.

12:03 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

This is worse, though not by much, than David Lee Roth going bluegrass...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home