Monday, February 19, 2007

Friday Night At The Fights

This weekend I took my wife out for a show, then dinner and drinks. Sounds delightful doesn't it?

Yeah, I took her to a boxing match and then we went to a bar afterwards.

She hates boxing. Can't even stay in the same room when I have it on TV. Apparently something about people beating each other bloody bothers her. Unless its Sonny Corinthos beating up someone on 'General Hospital', then that's hot.

Now, you could assume that I got her to go to the boxing match by lying to her. A fair guess, as after all, I got her to marry me by saying that I'm thrid in line to inherit the Sultanate of Borneo. Which for all I know I am. I should find out where that is just in case.

But no, in this case I was truthful. We went because a friend of mine is having a mid-life crisis and decided he needed to learn to box

OK, I've been trying to put this together since Friday. Fuck it, I quit! My friend won. Knocked the other guy out in the first round. It was really cool, and I had some of my usually funny and witty observations about it, but you're never gonna see them because blogger is being a douche'.

You hear that blogger? A DOUCHE'!! A BIG COLD WET DOUCHE!!!

16 Comments:

Blogger eclectic said...

Congrats to your friend, and good on your wife for going with you to support him. Well, maybe you don't want her to be his athletic supporter...

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love boxing! My first boxing party had none other than the butter bean himself. Maybe she'll love it. There is nothing better than getting splattered with blood and testosterone infused sweat!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Party Girl said...

If that would have been me, that would have been the most bestest date, ever! I love boxing and well, you know how I love to damage my liver, so kick ass, hells yeah, balls to the walls, I would have been hot and honry as hell by the end of the night.

12:23 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Eclectic, especially now that I'm pretty sure he can kick my ass.

Jmeped, I don't think she'd agree that there's nothing better than getting splattered with bllod and sweat, but most of the fights were so bad that there was little of either.

PG, next time I'll buy an extra ticket.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Sure, blame blogger.
That's convenient isn't it!

2:13 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

And for once, true!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Boxing is okay. I wouldn't run. Actually I love UFC because of the different styles. So did she enjoy it?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps your friend has a future as a boxer? I've had several midlife crises but never one where I wanted to be a boxer. My latest midlife crisis is being a blogger.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

LOL! *boxing blogger* - KNOCK OUT!

Congrats to your friend... and better luck w/your posts. =)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Rainwolf said...

Cool your friend won. Blogger is even worse than you thought, they're censoring you since you wanted to talk about "Boxing".

8:56 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Well no wonder she won't blow ya! Can't say I blame her.

I read over at Soozie's place you're planning a visit. I may or may not have boobie trapped the front door.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

A dry douche would make no sense.

10:26 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Why does this seem like a "Honeymooners" episode? Ralph drags Alice to a fight because Ed Norton decides he wants to be a boxer ... with comic results.

7:38 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Carrie, I don't think she'll go back any time soon. I prefer mixed martial arts myself, even though I have a skill roughly equivalant to a dwarf hamster.

Nick, uh no. He has no future as a boxer. He could kick my ass, true, but that doesn't equate to making a living at much of anything.

Lil Bit, if I get into boxing that's going to be my nickname. "The Boxing Blogger" yet another reason I won't be boxing anytime soon.

Rainwolf, they probably are censoring me the bastards. Of course, I can say "blow-job" all day long and that's OK, but bring up "boxi.............

Tysgirl, yeah, keep thinking I'm coming in the front door.

Rat, that's probably true, but at the moment I was just typing in a blind rage.

Pug, my friend totally would have kicked Ed Norton's ass. Not sure about Alice though.

8:07 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

CAN YOU POST THE PHOTOS OF THAT BOXING MATCH
COME COMMENT ON MIKES FISHING STORIES, I WANT HIM TO SEE ALL THE PRETTY THUMBNAILS WHEN HER READS TONIGIHT!

9:20 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

There are no photos TK, but there isa full length video that will never see the light of day here.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home