Friday, February 23, 2007

Worst Break Up Ever, Part II

My first year in college I lived in an all male dorm. Seeing a pattern here? Yeah me too, but this wasn't my fault. When I was signing up to go to UCONN, I had to pick where I wanted to live. At the time the basketball teams both sucked like Britney Spears trying to get an expensive haircut, (thought I'd never mention that didn't you?), and new students could actually pick which below fire-code dorm they wanted to live in. Now they just stick you wherever they can, although even though the state gave them about a billion dollars for renovations, they still can't figure out the fire code. I'm not kidding about that.

Naturally, I asked my father for advice. Who better than a guy who went to school there 30 years before and hadn't set foot on campus since? So he says, "The dorms on the east side were nice", and I check them off as my first preference. Good move. Turns out that in the THREE DECADES since dad had been there, these dorms had gone single-sex. And since everyone else knew that, I got my first choice. Hello to another semester of looking at women through binoculars.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The only problem with looking at women through binoculars is that they can look back at you through binoculars. That happened to me when my fraternity in college set up a telescope on our roof pointed at the women's high rise dorm across the way. We suddenly realized, as we were on the roof looking through the telescope that there were women in the high rise looking back at us through binoculars.

12:50 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Ahh, sweet smell of tables turning.

1:11 PM  
Blogger CP said...

Awwwwwwww. You went with the cheap ass Britney joke.

You never disappoint.

CP.

5:39 PM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

That's why it's so important to pick the dorm with the leakiest water pipes.

1:38 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

CP, yes, it was cheap. Just like her. Ooops, 2 for 2.

Pug, oh, make no mistake, we had those too.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Never trust good ole Dad for advice on dorm rooms. No, no, no. LOL!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home