Friday, February 23, 2007

Worst Break Up Ever, Part V

Every semester we had a semi-formal. We’d get dressed up, go to a rented hall, dance around and get drunk. By the time the semi-formal rolled around, Tammy on I were on thin ice. Actually, I was already in the water, since she’d dropped the “I want to see other people” line on me a couple of days earlier. You’d have to be a complete idiot not to see where this was going, and that going to the dance together would be a bad idea.

Unfortunately I was that idiot.

The night of the dance rolls around and Tammy shows up. Credit where credit is due, she looked great. Beautiful even. One of my more sensitive friends, who knew what was going on, came up to me and said, “you may as well jerk off now pal, because you’re not getting any later.” He was right, and I should have taken his advice. At the dance, we hung out, but as the night wore on I noticed that she really wasn’t around. And then we found out why.

She had hooked up with a guy wearing a tuxedo, sans jacket. The same guy who had just weeks before rammed an earring through my ear said “You got dumped for a waiter!?” I think I said “Fuck you”, but there wasn’t much of an argument to be had. Turned out he lived in our dorm on the first floor, and this was something that had been brewing for a week or so. One of my female friends volunteered to take Tammy into the girls room and come out alone a few minutes later. I laughed, then realized she wasn’t kidding. I said no, but every now and then, like when writing incredibly long and meandering posts, I wonder what would’ve happened had I said, “Yeah, sure, go for it” I suspect Tammy would’ve gone down faster than, well, uh

3 Comments:

Blogger Lil Bit said...

Nooooo, not the earring guy. LOL!

3:26 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

were you humiliated?

4:53 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

I kept in touch with him until a couple of years ago. Really a good guy, just dropped off the face of the earth.

TK, yes, yes I was.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home