Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm In A Rut

With really nothing going on and nothing to write about excpet home repairs. And we all know how exciting those are. I suspect its because we've entrred that time of the year when the snow, what little there was of it, has melted, leaving the yard little more than a frozen bog of mud, dead grass and piles of dog-shit, but at the same time it's still too cold to want to go outside and do anything. I hate this time of year. I love the cold, love the snow. Love the spring, love the sun. I hate this goddamn mud season in between the two. If it were up to me, and for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who's spent any time here, nothing important is up to me, there would be 2' of snow on the ground every day between Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day, then on 3/18 it would become sunny and 72 until we got to summer. These next three weeks just drive me batshit.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

I'm glad you picked my birthday to be the very last day of snow. I feel honored. Now make it happen Mr. Treadmill!!! ;-)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"these next three weeks drives me batshit"
I couldn't have said it better!

I'm all in on being just plain sick of this weather!!!
I could scareeaam!

6:24 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

::: Taking note of the sunny skies and budding trees outside :::

Uh, sorry Limpy. I don't feel your pain.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

nothing important is up to [you]

There's always the nugget within the rant that cracks me up.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

GOD I remember those days. It's so depressing! At least you get the seasons! We get two: HOT as HELL and NOT so hot as hell. Hope you get at least one more good blizzard!

5:53 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Whooaa, back this train up....

do I even want to know why Soozie's calling you Mr. Treadmill?

Suddenly all the conversations we've been having about humping Tread are making sense.

p.s. It's sunny and 70 here today, sucks to be you.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Frederick said...

well, we still got that 2' of snow you mentioned here. and it's 9. degrees. I love New York...

*rolls eyes

7:42 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

I've been finding mystery piles of dog crap in the yard too. They aren't mysteries because I don't know where they come from (they come from dog asses in case you were unsure) but because for the last 2 months I had no idea they were hiding there. It just snow, snow, snow, DOG SHIT! Like Duck, Duck, Goose with less running around and more feces. Unless you play different up there.

8:15 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

JDR, indeed.

Soozieq, I got my workout this morning. And you?

Rhonda, power sister.

Eclectic, just for that I'm painting your entryway puke green.

Rat, if you throw enough shit at a wall, something's bound to stick.

Lady K, nope, I don't want anymore blizzards. I've written off this winter. No I want spring and wiffleball. Talk to me after Thanksgiving.

Tysgirl, I hope you have allergies.

Frederick, at least you have snow to make it worthwhile. It's in the low 20's here today, expected to dip to 6 tomorrow. And all the mud is frozen.

Phollower, the shit in our yard is now frozen to the grass, so getting it out is becoming less a game and more an archaeological expedition.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Well, thank fuck the mud-season is now over, eh? LOL

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home