Monday, March 05, 2007

More Home Improvement

Because you can't get enough of Casa De Limpy, and because I'm coming up empty on anything good to write. This weekend we finished up some work we had done on our ceilings. Basically we have an older house and some of the cracks in the ceiling are starting to look a little ominous, so we hired a guy to come in and fix them. That way someone else has to sit under all the plaster dust, and not me.

And while we were doing that, my wife suggested that we could use some new light fixtures, because I had made the mistake of telling her exactly how much I'd won playing poker the other week, so I agreed. Thanks to my poker abilities, we were able to pay cash for the Batman night-lite, but the rest went on the credit card. But we did get a few new lights and got the same guy to put them up.

Then we started to paint the ceilings. Took us three nights, two sniping arguments about paint splatter and what exactly certain people could do with that roller, and a sprained neck or two, (and not in a good way either), and we still had the upstairs rooms to do. And then I remember that one of my poker friends is a professional painter. So I call him up, he comes over this morning, and within two hours has two rooms and a hallway done. Son of a bitch!

I hope he knows I'm paying him with poker chips.

9 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

I'm guessing it didn't take you 3 years to pick a paint color.

10:21 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Atta guy. When paint and plaster are involved, it's always good for the marriage to hire it out. Now, when are you available to paint my entryway?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

Here's a tip from your old buddy Phollower:

If you ever get the urge to surprise your wife by painting the dining room while she's at a conference in a color that has not been pre-approved by said spouse you should risist that urge. Unless of course you enjoy fights and painting rooms a second time.

I'm just saying.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Where are the pictures?!?!?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

what certain people could do with that roller totally cracked me up. Glad you remembered about the pro before the roller scenario was carried out.

11:58 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Gotta like a man who is not above calling in the professionals to get the job done! Think of the embarrassment you saved yourself not having to walk into the ER with a roller protruding from your ass!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

That's very interesting, because I just took a break from painting to read your blog....

12:19 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Zoe, it took us about two minutes. The ceiling is white.

Eclectic, I'm uh, busy that day. But I have this friend...

Phollower, I went through that when I painted the outside of the house this summer. She got used to it.

JDR, don't think that hasn't been done.

BP, although I have been low on ideas, I haven't yet got to the point where I'd consider putting up pictures of our ceilings.

Rat, indeed, it was a timely recall.

Tysgirl, with our local ER that wouldn't even make the headlines.

RSG, get back to work!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Home improvements are always great, when you don't have to do them yourself.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home