Monday, April 09, 2007

I Have A Cold

I haven't had a severe cold in about four years. Last week I had a fever for two days and went to work both days for at least a little while before going home and passing out. Not that the kids aren't used to seeing Daddy pass out, it's just that their weren't any beer bottles around me this time. So the fever breaks and I'm feeling all sprightly and the next day I wake up with a motherfucker of a head cold.

I'm probably the worst at having colds. I hate sitting around breathing through my mouth like some slack-jawed yokel. I painted my house when I had Lyme Disease, (although I was on some pretty good anitbiotics at the time). I ran the house when the whole family went down with the flu a couple of years ago at Christmas. They got better in two days, I got pneumonia. But you give me a cold and I sit there like a whiny little bitch, speaking in stuffy tones about how I can't breath and I wish I was dead and where's the remote? My wife keeps bringing me tea, which is very nice, but I guarantee that if this cold doesn't break soon, she's going to throw it at me.

And if it clears out my sinuses, I'll let her.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me. I know Maggie is. Wink-wink-nudge-nudge-know-what-I-mean. Grovestand!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Yea, and how is your brother? LOL

Have you tried some cayenne or horseradish? They're really good for clearing up the sinuses. Hope you're feeling better, Bitch. LOL

9:15 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

A wise man once told me that a good way to avoid colds was to use mouth wash every day.

Oh wait, that was you. How's that workin' for ya buddy?

Feel better soon!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Awwwwwwww, poor thing.
*hands you a box of tissues*

Feel better soon! =)

12:36 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Maggie, I'll tell him you said "hi". I haven't tried cayenne or horseradish yet. I put this "Lip Medix" stiff under my nose and it clears things right out. Including my tear ducts at the moment.

Tysgirl, it was indeed me. I'll take one bad cold every 3-4 years with two little kids at home as a pretty good record. Unfortunately, when I went to KC I didn't bring any, and I'm pretty sure I picked up whatever I got on the flying tube o' germs. Should be fine by Wednesday anyway.

Lil Bit, thanks buddy.

12:44 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I was just going to blame the airplane air, but then I read the comments and you beat me to it. I swear air travel is like a buffet for respiratory illness -- "All you can Breathe".

Sorry you're sick, and not in the good way this time. Try zicam. Hope you feel better soon.

1:29 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Feel better soon. Being sick sucks, no doubt!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Yeah, it was probably the airplane air....

Hope you feel better soon!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Feel better soon! Use a humidifier and lots and lots of vicks vapo-rub. And maggie's right...horseradish really helps a LOT. Just don't put it in your tea.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ass some chicken soap to your diet and you'll be breathing through your nose in no time.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I thought orange juice was the cold cure all. It always makes me feel better.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Eww, yuck! Colds suck! (I just accidentally rhymed, lol)

I hope you're feeling better!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home