Monday, May 07, 2007

It'a Another Meme!!

Or, as I prefer to call it, an interview when I'm too lazy to write something of mine own. Fortunately, Groovy Lady crusied in and bailed my sorry ass out.


1. What is the stupidest mistake you have ever made with money?
Not starting a 401K sooner. I do have one, but I probably lost out on three years of accumulated tax-free interest by waiting too long. I don't make too many mistakes with money, mostly because, (and my wife will attest to this), becasue I am extraordinarily cheap. On the other hand, when some emergency comes up, (like today's trip to the orthodontist for #1 son), we usually have the funds to roll with it.

2. Do you think taxes are unfair or do you think it’s your civic duty?
Civic duty. I like paved roads and electricity.


3. Do you take risks and possibly turn your life upside down for new opportunity?
No, and that's something I wish I did more of when I was younger. With two young children now isn't the time, but I do wish that in my early 20's I'd taken more of a "what the fuck, let's go backpacking in Norway" attitude.

4. Are you the alpha in your household? (Include pets)
Yes.

5. Do you compromise with your significant other or does someone always get their way?
We don't really argue about much so there's not much compormising going on. If it's really improtant to one or the other of us, it usually gets done. Except for anal sex. Apparently that's never going to happen. Also, I freely admit that sometimes I will drag things out, (like getting a dishwasher. that took 8 years), just because I know that as long as she's focused on that, she won't start focusing on the next project, which will be more expensive. Like granite counter-tops. Which have been mentioned lately. I feel another stall coming on.

6. What curse word do you use most often?
Fuck. There is no better word in the entire fucking language.

7. Do you easily change your mind or are you dead set on most issues?
I'm pretty stubborn.

8. What famous person would you like to trade places with for one week?
Whoever Sam Elliott is having sex with. Oh wait, that's Groovy Lady's comment. I guess I should say I'll trade places with Sam Elliot. But then, he got knifed in "Roadhouse". Brad Pitt is too obvious. Say, anyone know who Jessica Biel's screwing these days? Because it's not me and I bitterly resent that.

9. If you could go back in time and tell one person off, who would it be and what would you say?
I can't say there is anyone. I can't recall not telling anyone off that I thought needed it. Here's a fun example. Prior to this job I was fired from another position. Long-term I don't think it would have worked anyway, but there was one person there I felt treated me very badly and who I have good reason to believe lied to me on several occasions. So several months later I run into him in court and, in front of three other attorneys, the clerk and a judge, he sticks his hand out and says "Good to see you" I look at him, look at his hand, and say, "It's not going to shake itself", and then continue talking to the attorney I was with before he came in. That kids, felt good. Sometimes you don't need to just burn a bridge, but also grind up the remains, dam the river and sow the ground underneath with salt.

10. Were you a good student or did you do just enough to get by?
Let me put it this way, my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Steele, said on my report card "Limpy is a good student but does not exert himself. He will take life easy if he is not pushed" Fucking A' Mrs. Steele, fucking a.

I still have that report card.

11. If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out on their own, what would you tell them?
Karma is a bitch. You will meet the same people over and over again, and you're not always going to have the upper hand. No when to walk away, no when to run. You nver count..Oh, sorry, I started channeling Kenny Rogers there.

12. Are people basically good and honest or are most people opportunistic and predatory?
You'll never regret acting as though everyone else is out to screw you.

13. Is there somebody you wish you could go back and apologize to?
Sort of. There was a girl on our high school bus that took a lot of shit for being a whore. She was tough and gave as good as she got, but I think that deep down some of the things that were said to her were just way over the line. By my junior and her senior year we had become much more friendly and I helped her with her efforts to get into the Marines, (seriously, she could have absolutely kicked the shit out of me), but there were never any apologies. They probably weren't needed, since actions speak louder than words, especially in high school, but still, she's the only person I can think of that I think I probably did treat unfairly.

She was kind of a slut though.

14 Comments:

Blogger mama biscuit said...

K- You're no longer allowed to do the same Meme's as me...your answers were way more entertaining.

Fuck is a good word, isn't it?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Fuck an A, Limpy. Fuck an A.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

OMG! #9 is my ABSOLUTE fucking favorite!

Nothing like some sweet payback!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

2. Civic duty! I really like having a police department living here in the fucking (see #6) barrio outside L.A.

6. You got that fucking right!

8. I just saw "We Were Soldeirs" this weekend, and Sam Elliot has two fucking (#6) killer lines in there when his subordinate says, "Good morning." (a) What are you? A god damned weather man? (b) How do you know what sort of fucking day it's going to be? I fell off my chair laughing.

12. Great advice I didn't really fully get until I was nearly 30, and still forget some times, but I try to keep it in mind these days.

I'm glad I didn't get home until after the Yankees lost. Fucking fucks.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love #9.

That is a good meme. I may just have to steal that one.

xxx

1:51 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I like paved roads and electricity, too, and am more than willing to pay taxes for them. However, I also like the monorail, which I voted for a number of times and even had taxes taken out-- only to have them shelve the project. I want my money back! I've been peevish about taxes since then. We have a continual problem out here with our elected officials spending our money in different ways than we okayed. For example, we said YES to the monorail and NO to the new stadium payed for with tax money but privately owned.

Guess what we got.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

That's "paid," not "payed." Urgh.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Tyguy said...

What!?!?! Nobody is going to mention the pink elephant in the corner....

Limpy, why won't you take it in the butt?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Ohh good answers Limpy! You made me choke on the ice cube I was chomping on when you threw in the anal sex remark. :P

Great story on #9!

Thanks for participating in it. :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Tysgirl, it's the fucking best.

Lady K, sounds like someone's got an alphabet fetish going there.

BP, yeah, that's one of my prouder moments. I've never regretted it for a second.

Rat, read the book, "We Were Soldiers Once...And Young" Even better than the movie, since the movie left out the second half of the battle. Really gives one a good sense of how fucked up that war was.

JDR, I think I was supposed to tag people, so "tag", you're it. Now you're not stealing it.

Alkelda, have you learned nothing from "The Simpsons"!?!? Monorails are a huge scam. But they do lead to snappy songs.

Tysguy, for the last time, you're not my type!!

GL, that's funny, usually the ice cubes come into play AFTER anal sex. Or, uh, so I hear.

10:24 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Cold, man... the handshake bounce was seriously cold. But I think I love you for it.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Dude, granite countertops rock (and I don't just mean literally)!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Great meme, Limpy.

#6 - I wholeheartedly fuckin' agree. LOL

2:47 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Eclectic, some things just need to be done. And that was one of 'em.

Jay, how much did my wife pay you to say that?

Lil Bit, I knew you'd like that, ya little fucker.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home