Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Season Update!

Such excitement! I know you've been as anxious to find out how our season is going as I am for it to end.

uh, I mean continue until we win the championship.

The team is 2-1, and unless something goes drastically wrong on Saturday, should steamroll through our last game on Saturday to go 3-1 and then have, uh, I mean "get", to play for the Division Sectional Championship next Tuesday. If we win that, (and we already lost to that team once, but only after blowing a 7 run lead and going to extra innings), we would play yet another game for the right to play for the Divisional Championship. Our Division is broken up into three sections. Before the season Division A got a bye for the first round of the play-offs. We're in B. So if, (and that's a mighty big if), we win B, we then play the champions from C for the right to play A for the whole ball of wax. Got that so far? Yeah, I don't either. What I do know is that the team currently leading C has only played two games, has already scored as many runs as we have in three games, shut one team out, and mercyed both teams they played. So I'm thinking best case scenario, (worst case?), we've got 3 games left. Because I suspect that C is going to roll through the whole division like Mack trucks on a puppy farm.

As for number one son he's playing solid centerfield defense and as for his offense, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat. Such is life.

As for coaching, let's just say that if I never have to deal with Little League parents again, it will be too soon. How hard is it to figure out that if you have two unexcused absences, your kid is off the team? You know how you get around that? FUCKING CALL US!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 Comments:

Blogger Persnickety Ticker said...

Little League jargon...brain hurts...

Is it sad that I laughed at the Mack truck/puppy farm reference? I must need therapy...

Oh, and the boat quote? So going to have to borrow that. It describes too many people in my life. Thanks for the morning laughs!

6:53 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

PT, gald you liked those comments, but they're not mine originally. I've used 'em both here beofre and cited the surces then, but for your own sake, the boat quote, (ah, poetry!), is from Kein Costner's character in "Bull Durham", and the mack truck line comes from a book called "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up", by an author I know longer remember. Very funny book though.

7:08 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

God damn, that middle paragraph made my brain hurt.

What about the alternate boy you told me about? Does he get to play now that someone else got booted off the team? Please tell me he does, that would make very happy.

7:51 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

He's on the team. Played in the last game. Struck out his first time up, walked and scored a run his second time up. The best part was how excited several of his own teammates were when he got his full uniform. kids get it.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Verdant Earl said...

So if they win the next game they get to run agains both Obama and McCain in November? I'm so confused.

Sorry...got lost there in the middle. You brought me back with the Bull Durham quote, though. Nicely done.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

I got a visual on the mack truck/puppy farm reference. Not a good way to start the morning when you have a headache.

However, the boat quote had me giggling throughout the rest of the post. I'm sure my coworkers are wondering what the heck is wrong with me.

Good luck with the rest of the games. Hope they turn out just the way you want them to. Which leads me to believe my wishing you good luck is actually wishing bad luck on your team . . .

9:06 AM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Good for him!

Wouldn't it be nice if more adults took their cues from kids when it comes to such matters.

I bet he won't miss practice without calling.

9:57 AM  
Blogger just a kat said...

WTG on the kid getting picked!!! :)

All I know is if someone hits the ump in the balls - laugh for me. I hate my coworker. You guys can use her for batting practice and I'll even deliver (cant say what her condition will be - think Aunt Edna or the dog in National Lampoons Vacation...).

Good holiday to all!
kat

12:04 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Aren't parent-politics fun?!?! Youth sports -- where hell meets earth.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Cedar said...

Ah, WHAT?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

LOVE how you described your son's batting ability (even if you did take it from Bull Durham). Priceless! LOL

Here's to hoping C is as good as you think it is.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Party Girl said...

Wow, been drinking much?

Maybe you should be.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

limpy
it sounds like you're having one interesting summer. ;)
unless I'm a tard. (don't answer that) I can't find an e-mail on your blog.
If you want, I'd love to have you join my now private blog.
But, I know you're busy and some girls blog isn't really worth a whole lot of your time.

I'll be over to see you though...
:)

7:39 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

I may have an easier time comprehending the Electoral College. Plus there's the added perk of not dealing with parents.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

3-1 now???

thx for the update! =)

1:02 PM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Earl, the guy made one good movie anyway.

Callie, well, now I want to in them all, but I have to admit, if we lose this afternoon, I won't be crying about it.

Tysgirl, he was 45 minutes late to the next practice, but his parents read the schedule wrong.

Kat, a kid on the other team fouled one right off the umpire's mask. I thought of you.

Eclectic, they're such a bunch of dicks.

Cedar, Who? Where? How?

Kari, it appears that they are, albeit a different team than I originally thought.

PG, every night. One beer. If it weren't for kids, it'd be a lot more.

Rhonda, I'll get that to you when I come up for more than 5 minutes of air.

Pug, but the disincentive of having to deal with Chris Matthews.

LB, 3-1 indeed. We're coming for your softball team next!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent!

I never coached Little League baseball, but I did coach youth soccer for several years. I suppose the sort doesn't matter: parents are parents. except that, for the most part, soccer parents don't know shit about soccer.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home