Monday, November 16, 2009

Drill Baby, Drill

Ordinarily, I'm quite the tree-hugger. Hell, the under the right conditions, (soft moonlight, a couple of drinks, just the right elm), I might go so far as to be a tree-fondler. I have no patience for those who would pave over the wilderness just to keep the oil taps flowing for another six months. But there are certain goals for which I would put my environmentalism aside and say that you've just got to break out the drills, cut through the ice, and release that sweet, sweet liquid.

And this is one of them.

Seriously, this sounds like it involves pulling up some floorboards and busting out an axe. Why hasn't this been done on the sly already? I'd love to tour Antarctica, and if I ever get there, and if I ever get to see Shackleton's shacks, (see what I did there?), I can guarantee you there'll be a hole in the floor when I leave.

EDITOR'S NOTE: If you haven't read about Ernest Shackleton, do yourself a favor and look him up. Amazing story. Somewhat odd that Scott gets all the glory, but Shackleton came back alive. With all his men.

4 Comments:

Blogger eclectic said...

Nooooooo! They can't just leave it there!! How am I to sleep at night now, knowing as I do that so many, many bottles of scotch are huddled together, abandoned, trying to stay warm, forever unimbibed and unappreciated? Tragic, I say.

Let's bust 'em outta there! You, me, Shackleton. NOW.

11:10 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Personally, Schnapps would have been the smarter choice. Perhaps that was the very first of several bad Shackleton decisions.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If they find it, it's gonna be very cold Scotch.

7:34 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

THEY FOUND IT! They rescued it, I just saw it on MSNBC; and you know you should trust everything you see on the internet.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home