Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I Guess In 5 Billion Years I'll Look Back On The Republican Party As The Least Of Our Problems

Every day I read the news I become convinced that the US will soon make Greece look like a well-oiled financial machine. Xenu knows that Obama has come up short of my expectations on a dozen different levels, (I'm sure that keeps him up at night), but for fuck's sake people, the Republicans ran on the idea that the deficit was the number one problem facing the country, (which for once I'd have to say they're right about), and the first fucking thing they do is force through tax breaks for people making more than $250,000 a year. Which will add $120 billion to the deficit over the next two years. The. First. Fucking. Thing. They. Did.

And Obama rolled over like my dog looking to get her belly rubbed, then held a press conference and bitched out the Democrats for failing to enthusiastically backing him up on this deal. Oh, the next two years are going to be a fucking treat.

Fortunately, this will eventually happen, and all of this will seem like small potatoes. That's all I need to stop saving for my retirement.

8 Comments:

Blogger puerileuwaite said...

I've always thought of Greece as well-lubed more than well-oiled.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Good to have you back, Limpy.

Yea, in between the riots, I've noticed something smelling badly from the East. At first I thought it was Ireland, but that was desperation.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cedar said...

My retirement is invested in the theory that the Mayans are right about the end of time being on December 21, 2012. If on December 22 we are still here...I am sueing the first Mayan I can find. Will you take my case?

12:37 AM  
Blogger Phollower said...

Hey Limpy! I haven't looked at my blog in forever but on a whim I did today and, on a bigger whim, clicked on your link. Ta Daa!

7:09 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Your lack of compassion for people making in excess of $250,000/year is, quite frankly, shocking. Wealthy people have expenses too, y'know. They need the middle class to pay for roads and such so that their Porches can drive faster, and they need to pay the crew on their yachts year 'round, even though they may only sail a couple times per year. It's important!

9:03 AM  
Blogger limpy99 said...

Pug, you could use ouzo for both, but it would probably burn.

Maggie, that was probably just over-boiled cabbage wafting across the sea

Cedar, it's now the 28th, so I'll start drawing up some papers, although I'm concerend about your ability to pay given your past investment strategy.


Phollower, good to see you around again. Go Sabres! (probably to Hamilton)

Eclectic, statements like that are why people start using guillotines. Or however you spell that head-chopping-off-thingy

7:10 PM  
Blogger CP said...

I've MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That is all.

CP

12:17 PM  
Blogger mama biscuit said...

Was flipping through the channels last night and came across the Miss America pageant. Not sure why, but the first thing that came to mind is you. Seems like you always have something to say about the contestants.

I've been posting on Nucking Futs again by the way.

tysgirl

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home