51. I'm strangely addicted to the show "Deadliest Catch"
I have no idea why; it's pretty much the same show every time. Ship goes out, ship catches crab, the waether in the Bering Sea can be rough.
Nonetheless, I watch it every time.
52. I can guarantee that my gravestone will not say "He Wished He Spent More Time At Work"
53. I can't guarantee that it won't say "What A Dick"
54. As I've remarked earlier here, hockey used to be my faovrite sport, (to watch. I can't skate for shit), but I lost interest after Peter Karmanos, that sack of shit, took the Whalers
to Carolina. This year, however, I was able to start watching it again with renewed interest, although I still don't have a favorite team. Whoever it evetually is, it sure as shit won't be the Hurricanes.
54. I can hold a grudge for a long-ass time. And I'll do it. I do not forgive easily.
55. The Stanley Cup
is easily the coolest trophy in all of sports. I'd like to steal it and threaten to melt it into tire rims unless the Whalers are returned.
56. I wasn't kidding about the grudge.
57. I am very bad with new technology. Answering my cell phone without electorcuting myself is cause for rejoicing. I would be much better at these things if I read the directions. But I don't.
58. I am over-competitive to a fault. An ex-girlfriend once got mad at me because I would n't let anyone else on my team, including her father, answer questions in "Trivial Pursuit"
My response? "Yeah, but we won."
59. If I had to pick a favorite porn star, (and thanks to late night Cinemax reruns, I don't!), it would have to be Savannah Samson.
Also, I really hate the filters on my work computer right now.
60. I think
panda bears are cool.
61. I am running out of ideas.
62. When I was about 12, a rock hit me right in the mouth, knocking a permanent tooth out and resulting in my taking 50 stitches in the lips. Which really fucking hurts.
63. In a related note: Hey kids! That broken down dam down the street from your house? The one you and your friends are going to ride your bikes to and then climb up? Yeah, about that. Don't do it.
64. I love snow. There's no such thing as too much of it. But then, I don't live in Colorado.
65. I work out a lot. It's my outlet. As a result I don't have much stress and I'm in pretty good shape for a guy pushing 40.
66. Also as a result of #65, here's a list of body parts that currently give me at least occasional trouble: right foot, right knee, right groin, low back, left hand, left elbow, left shoulder. I think I'm falling apart diagonally.
67. Lately I've been trying to improve my gas mileage by coasting down any good-sized hill, and driving at or near the posted speed limit, as opposed to my usual 80 mph. As a result, I've been getting 490 miles per tank, as opposed to the 380 or so I was getting. Feel free to make use of that yourself.
68. One of the bravest things I've ever done was to charge into a swarm of white-faced hornets
to get my first dog off his line, where he was under attack.
69. White-faced hornets hurt like a motherfucker.
70. The best places to swim are always illegal. I swim in them anyway. And bring my kids.
71. I'm currently reading "The Fatal Shore"
, afine novel explaining why one should never trust an Austrailian. Actually a very good book. This is my second trip through it.
72. I want to put solar panels on my house, becuase I'm not real eager to find out how much my electircal bill is going to be in the future.
72. I was raised Catholic, but have long since fallen away from the church.
73. I can't beat my son at Halo3.
74. I kick the crap out of him at NHL '08.
75. Today I went to a funeral for the mother of a person I don't particularly like. But her husband is one of my best friends and I went because it was the right thing to do. If my kids learn nothing else from me, I want them to learn to do that.
76. I think that most of the world's problems could be easily solved if we just addressed the problem of over-population. To that end I support the elimination of groups of undesirables. And I'd like to suggest we start by eliminating wacky drive-time radio DJs.
77. I wasn't kidding about the population thing. If we don't slow things down, everything else means dick.
78. I like to sweat. Make of that what you will.
79. I'd like to see some lurkers comment about this. You know who you are.
80. Oh dear go there are 20 more of these to go. Hey, if I type that 19 more times...
81. When I was a kid I used to love to read the historic battles section of The People's Almanac. I probably knew a lot more about the Battle of Agincourt than any other 12 year old.
82. Yes, I am a nerd.
83. When Little League season ends I'm going to join my friend's gym and learn to box. Can you say mid-life crisis?
84. One of my favorite comic strips is the old Bloom County, (the new/returned one is just OK), with Opus and Milo and Co. One of my faovrites is an exchange between Opus and Milo when Opus is going on a date. Milo asks him if he's got his wallet and Opus gets all snooty and says 'Sir, money cannot buy you love" and Milo
responds, "No, but it does improve your bargaining position. Here's $10." I always liked Milo.
85. The best comic strip ever was "Calvin & Hobbes" If you disagree I will fight you.
86. I take my comics pretty seriously. In fact, its the only reason I haven't canceled my subscription to our local paper, which increasingly seems to be run by high-schoolers.
87. I wish I knew about Tom Waits and his song "Long Way Home" when my wife and I debated the song for our first dance. You'll be happy to know I managed to rule out a Tiffany song.
88. There is no better candy bar than a Kit Kat.
If you disagree, I will not
fight you, but will just figure "more for me" and probably munch my way into a diabetic coma.
89. I have a picture of my wife in a bikini in my office.
90. Right now I find the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue a little boring. If you're going to do porn, just do porn. quit kidding us. But in high school that thing was more precious than gold. I think Kathy Ireland made me realize I had hit puberty.
91. Shit, I just had a good one and now I can't remember it.
92. I think this
is one of the creepiest things ever. I would, however, have liked to handle the cross-examination. "So, nothing to say for yourself eh? I think that speaks volumes! Your witness."
93. I type in the "Hunt & Peck", two-fingered style, but still do it pretty quickly.
94. I'm always amazed when people are concerned about what other people, who they don't know, think about them. Which is short-hand for telling anyone out there you can say whatever you want about me here. I promise not to lose any sleep over it.
95. I know how to ride a horse. Haven't done it for awhile though.
96. One of the best things about our yard is that every couple of summers a snapping turtle lays eggs in the pines in the side yard. If we find her afterwards we always throw her in a wheelbarrow and give her a ride back to her pond.
97. One of my favorite Xmas gifts ever was the canoe I got two years ago.
98. I won't set up my Xmas tree until Xmas Eve. People with Xmas trees up the day after Thanksgiving are weird.
99. The first 50 of these were definitely more interesting, weren't they?
100. But fortunately, we're done now.